Canon EOS 200D is also known as EOS Rebel SL2 in the Americas and EOS Kiss X9 in Japan. This is a great entry level digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) camera especially geared towards videography and vlogging (YouTube videos), but also works perfectly for the photography. There are different kit lenses available with this camera, but our kit includes the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens. This lens is especially good for vlogging because of its silent motor (STM) and integrated image stabilization (IS).
The Canon EOS 200D kit contains the following parts:
- Canon EOS 200D camera body
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens
- lithium-ion battery pack LP-E17
- battery charger LC-E17E
- power cable for the battery charger
Pros of the Canon EOS 200D camera:
- relatively small size (for a DSLR camera)
- dual pixel autofocus (Canon’s state of the art autofocus system)
- microphone input jack
- fully articulated touchscreen
Cons of the Canon EOS 200D camera:
- 4K / UHD video recording is not supported
In the unboxing video below the camera is being compared to the Canon EOS 1100D (also known as Canon EOS Rebel T3 or Canon EOS Kiss X50) to give a better impression of the size differences.